Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sure Start

I've been reading the blogs of doctors, nurses, teachers, bus drivers, EMTs, police officers and backpacking sheep for a while now and I always wondered how much literary mileage I could wangle out of my job. Would people find what I do interesting?

I work in school admissions. About three years ago, Tony Blair and his merry band of bumchums introduced 'parental preference', (I promise to start a glossary for this crap), and now, up and down the country, it needs a team of thick-skinned, heartless bastards to administrate the process. Like all good government policy, it's about a thousand times more complicated, but exactly as absurd, as you'd think.

My job isn't as admirable or as high octance as the aforementioned professions (excluding bus drivers, unless they regularly get themselves into some sort of Speed scenerio then...kudos), but it is becoming more and more high profile and after some half-arsed research, I don't think anyone else is blogging about this - so here goes.

My aim with this blog is to provide a little insight into what happens behind the oft' padlocked and chain bolted door of school admissions. My tales be merry, unbelieveable, tragic, frustrating, wrist-slitting and true. And hopefully, if any of you have unwisely sprogged off in recent years, I can provide some advice and/or the contact information for your nearest private prep school.

schooldazeblog@yahoo.co.uk

//Dogberry//

P.S I think I'm probably now on the sex offenders register after typing 'school boys' into Google to get that picture in the banner so if you never hear from me again, it's because my computer has been seized.

P.P.S I know my blog title is lame but...meh.

No comments: